Return to Battlerapics

Monday, December 16, 2013

COUTURE (Natural Born Killa)




When it comes to female battle rap most don't want to give these talented ladies their due.
But there's one female battle rapper that demands her props once she's in front of her opponent and that female name is Couture. Hailing from Rhode Island Couture exploded on the battle rap scene like someone strapped C4 to her back because all her opponents have gotten blown to bits.Couture is a threat and she is definitely the full package when it comes to battle rap. She has delivery, she has performance and she definitely has bars, what more do you want from a lady? When Couture get's in the ring she is not there to win I think she just enjoys digging graves and collecting on the bounty that's at hand. She's a menace for all battle rappers so let's ask Couture a few questions so we can get inside the head of a 
Natural Born Killa. 


1.Where did you get the name Couture from, or why did you name yourself Couture?
Couture
Couture was given to me as a Nick name by a producer I worked with as a teen. He felt the name I went by at the time was a little to hardcore. See I was hood yet displayed an abundance of class, I was different & needed something that better described my style & personality,...Custom Made.

2.When did you know that battle rap was in you?
Couture
I always set myself up with the mind frame to win so before my first battle with kashy ty I had already convinced myself I was built for this. Battle rap was something I decided to try out just to challenge my creativity, I also figured it was a good avenue to take in order to gain exposure outside of my state Rhode Island.


3.Your delivery and style has its own flair, where do you get your inspiration when you write for battles?
Couture
 Everyday that I wake up and take a breath is inspiration, everything around me gives me Inspiration.My past, My family, my city, a crazy beat and my opponents.As of lately I got to say it's been my supporters, they show me so much love and motivate me to want to go harder.


4.When you battled Ms Pak in that QOTR Sparring Session did you know you was going to come so raw and make her cry?
Couture
 I felt the crowd took me lightly at my debut sparring session at Queen Of The Ring. The sound quality  along with the atmosphere over shadowed my true capabilities so I needed to go harder that time around. I didn't expect to get such an emotional reaction out of her.You can't be all caught up in your feelings when it comes to battle rap. If you can dish it out then you should be able to handle whats coming back at you. Don't nobody give a damn about your emotions in this sport,  it's kill or be killed. 


5.Who do you feel you have to beat to become Queen Of The Ring?
Couture
 I have to beat myself.. I'm the only one who can stop Me! although I'm facing opponents when I'm in that ring I am secretly battling myself  they are only there to push me to the limit & provide more of a challenge.

6.Any musical projects coming?
Couture
I'm working towards dropping a mixtape in February 2014, don't know what I want to call it yet. In the mean time I've been dropping tracks on my youtube channel "CoutureGotBars" and doing features.


7.If you had to battle a male battle rapper who would be your match?
Couture
Hitman Holla I'd love to challenge his bars and energy he brings as far as performance. Or Arsonal for his level of disrespect, both would make for a great battle.


8.Outside of Battle Rap and music what else is Couture good at? 
Couture
I'm actually writing a book, its an urban fiction tale and I'm  nice when it comes to writing R&B tracks as well, oh and I can cook!

9.Did you think you was going to 3-0 Norma Bayts like you did?
Couture
To keep it a buck I Knew I would beat Norma but I didn't expect to 3-0 her like I did. Norma is a bully in that ring and with her being the Vet and me being the rookie I expected her to really try to break me down to maintain her spot.


10.Would you battle in other female battle leagues or are you totally loyal to QOTR?
Couture
Q.O.T.R already knows I rep the brand, at the same time I am a brand and I rep that as well so if the  opportunity presents it's self  & money is right, and they offering competition I would definitely take a  battle at another league. 


11.You really go in on the personals but can go bar for bar with anybody , does this combination of (using personals and nasty swag) make up the fierceness you bring to the ring?
Couture
Absolutely... see many say it's bars over everything but the fact is I got EVERYTHING! on top of that I'm unpredictable and I think that's what most of my supporters love and appreciate. Lets be real if it was only about hearing bars these battles could be done over the radio, there would be no need to spend money on renting out venues and fans dealing with travel expenses. The fact is these people want to see a show at the end of the day and that's what I give them.

12.What are you going to do after you've destroyed those you know you have to beat?
Couture
I'm going to continue to build my brand and take on whatever opportunities presented.


13.Is female battle rap needed or can the culture survive with out it at this point?
Couture
Female Battle Rap is needed we make up part of the culture therefore we help it survive. Unfortunately there are not to many females doing it mainstream but people are taking notice to the battle scene its a lot bigger now than what it once was.

14.Is there any female battle rapper that you think is going to give you a problem when you battle them? 
Couture
Theres about 2 I think have the potential to give me a problem but you know what? I like problems lol.


Quickie fun fan questions
1.Favorite ice cream?
 Cookie Dough
2.Favorite food
 Clam Chowder with Clam Cakes
3.Favorite footwear brand?
Nike
4.Favorite movie?
Coming To America... its a Classic
5.What key element you like in your significant other?
 Sense of humor
6.Your favorite website?
Blackgirlsareeasy.com
7.Coke or Pepsi?
 I don't drink soda
8. Heels or Sneakers?.
Heels
9. Xbox or Playstation?
Wii
10.Iphone or Android?
Android
11.Name your favorite Battlerapics comic?
Slumber party phara vs forty
12.Your favorite perfume?
 "Candy" made by Prada
13.Lingerie or T-shirt and panties?
t-shirt & panties
14.Jesus or Allah?
Jesus
15.If you were stranded on an island what 3 things you would want to have.
 Laptop..WIFI and someone of the opposite sex ;-)

Check out Couture's Music, Videos, and much more @








4 comments:

  1. #1 Female Battle Rapper on the Planet Earth! #whosbetter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like 2c couture battle nicki minaj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couture is my favorite female battle rapper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Couture is my favorite female battle rapper

    ReplyDelete